Sunday, November 5, 2017

Kid Yodeler Mason Ramsey Performs



Mason, it's nice to meet you. It's nice to meet you. So I understand-- so Golcanda,
that's where you're from. Yes.

So it's a very small
town, 700 people. And this is your
first time you've ever been on an airplane. Yes. How was that? It was very good, but driving
with the driver letting me go in the back of the limo? That was awesome.

Oh, that was more fun? Yeah. But then I tried some
sparkling water and eh, it wasn't so good, but-- You'd never had
sparkling water before? No. What don't you like about it? It's just water, but sparkly. Well, it just kind of
tastes kind of funny.

And sparkly. Yeah. Yeah, you like the
plain, flat water. Yeah.

Yeah, I do. And then the driver's
name was Ernie, and so that's the exact
same name as my grandpa. Oh really? What a coincidence. We didn't even plan that.

It was all meant to be. So do you like LA? Yeah, but I'm a country by. And out in the old country, all
we do is bale straws of hay, and next thing you
know, you're sitting under a tree taking a
nap with your hat down and a weed in your mouth. [LAUGHING] [APPLAUSE] I thought that was
just a cartoon.

That's really what happens? You just sit on a bale of hay
with a weed in your mouth? Just like this. Uh-huh. All right. So you're a country boy.

So when did you start yodeling? The first song I tried to sing
was Long Gone Lonesome Blues. Who sings that? Hank Williams, Sr. And that's your favorite singer? Mm-hmm. Yeah.

And your grandfather
yodels, right? Mm-hmm. And is he a good
yodeler as well? No. Sorry about that, Grandpa. We'll edit that out, OK? Nobody will ever see that.

So, and you sing-- I saw you singing at Walmart. Do you always sing at Walmart? Yeah. How come? Well, because that's the
only store we've got. [LAUGHTER] And my dream is to sing
at the Grand Ole Opry.

At the Grand Ole Opry? Yeah. That's a big dream,
because it takes years and years to get there. Mm-hmm. But Walmart? How many times have you
performed in Walmart? Like, 50,000 times.

50,000? That's just about every
day of your life, probably. Yeah. OK, so you want to be a
famous country singer, right? Yes. And what will happen? Let's say that dream
come true, then what? Well, I'm going to
save up all that money, and I'm going to go to college.

And then I'm going
to move to Florida, and I'm going to work my
way up in a motor home. All right. Well, that's-- [APPLAUSE] Fair. You've got it all
figured out, don't you? That's fantastic.

All right, so you're going
to perform for us right now, right? Yes. I can't wait. All right. [MUSIC - HANK WILLIAMS,
"LOVESICK BLUES"] (SINGING) I got a
feeling called the blues, oh Lord, since my
baby said goodbye.

Lord, I don't know what I'll do. All I do is sit
and sigh, oh Lord. That last long day she
said goodbye, well Lord, I thought I would cry. She'll do me, she'll do you,
she's got that kind of loving.

Lord I love to hear when
she calls me sweet daddy. Such a beautiful dream. I hate to think it's all over. I've lost my heart it seems.

I've grown so used
to you somehow. Lord, I'm nobody's
sugar daddy now. And I'm lonesome. I've got the lovesick blues.

[APPLAUSE] That was so good. That was so good. All right. So remember how
you said you wanted to sing at the Grand
Ole Opry, and I said that takes a long time, right? Yes.

Well, you know, we
have a lot of friends. We have a lot of connections. So I called my friends
at the Grand Ole Opry, and they want you to
perform there Saturday. Oh my god! Saturday.

All right? All right. [APPLAUSE] Now. And there's one more place
that you're going to perform, and that's this week. So Saturday Grand Ole
Opry, and then you're going to go to
your local Walmart in Harrisburg, Illinois.

They're going to go put
on a huge concert for you. It's going to be live on
Walmart's Facebook page. And since you want to go to
college, our friends in Walmart want to help you. And they're going to give you
a scholarship for $15,000.

Oh my-- [APPLAUSE] You're going to college. And you're going to sing
at the Grand Ole Opry. Hi. I'm Andy.

Ellen asked me to remind you
to subscribe to her channel, so you can see more
awesome videos, like videos of me getting scared or
saying embarrassing things, like ball peen hammer. And also some videos of
Ellen and other celebrities, if you're into
that sort of thing. Ha! [BLEEP] God! [BLEEP].

No comments:

Post a Comment