Sunday, June 9, 2019

Radek Faksa Hat trick Dallas Stars at Vegas Golden Knights 28 november 2017



Radek, congratulations on your first NHL hat trick, it was amazing, you scored your first goal playing four on four, how did you see it? Sure, we started in the defensive zone, defensemen  carried the puck out, I just held on to it, guys did the rest, Hammer drew two guys, I just opened up, he gave it to me and I had an open net, all I had to do was get it to the far post, and I scored, it was a great feeling and important goal. The other two goals, you scored less than thirty seconds before the end of the second period, in a span of few seconds, how did that happen? Hanzal changed because he was injured so I jumped on sooner, with the other guys from the line and I just went to the net and Smitty gave it to me and I just aimed for the near post. It was great to score two goals at the end of the period, then we just defended in the third period, and I think if we play like this in every game, that we play our game for sixty minutes, we can be successful on the road. What does it feel like to finally have that first hat trick? It's great, I didn't expect for it to happen to me because I'd say I'm not a sniper, it's great, you don't forget moments like that and I'll remember it forever.

It was the first time you played in Vegas how do you like Las Vegas, did you spend some time here beforehand? Yeah, we arrived yesterday and actually we already played here last year pre-season with Los Angeles so we already knew the arena and Vegas is a great city, fans were great, so it's great to play here. And you played for one and a half seasons with Cody Eakin, who plays for Vegas now, what can you tell us about him? Eaks is a great guy, great guy in the locker room, on the ice, it's great to have such a guy on the team, a warrior, we miss him here a lot, but there was nothing we could do, that's what it was, there was an expansion and we have to carry on. You guys have a father's trip now, can you describe what it is? It's great to have all the fathers here because they sacrificed a lot for us, when we were little, they took us to practice and sacrificed a lot for us, it cost money and time, it's a thank you, not just to fathers but the whole family, but fathers are usually closer to hockey, it's for sure nice to have some fathers here. It's a holiday season, what's your favorite holiday? For sure Christmas, I like the atmosphere around Christmas, I always enjoy December, little bit of cold and so, even though it's not too cold in Dallas, but when we go somewhere for the game I enjoy the snow, I buy hot chocolate and watch some Czech Christmas movies, so I really enjoy the atmosphere around Christmas.

It was Thanksgiving few days ago, what are you thankful for this year? I'm mostly thankful for my health, that we're all together and all the important things to me. Ok Thank you. Thanks  .

No comments:

Post a Comment